Why and How to Incorporate More Flowers into Your Life
There are so many reasons to start enjoying more flowers in your day-to-day life.
To most people, flowers are beautiful and nice to look at, but that’s about as far as it goes. But, did you know that there are actually benefits to having more flowers into your life? That’s right, there are more reasons than you might think to include more flowers in your life.
Why incorporate more flowers into your life?
- They’ll make you happy – Want a quick way to boost your mood? Go out and buy yourself some flowers! Through aromatherapy, simply being around flowers can be an almost-instant mood booster.
- They’ll make you more productive – Did you know that having flowers and other plants in your workplace can make you more productive? Studies have shown that the presence of flowers increases concentration and productivity.
- They’ll help to relieve your stress – Life isn’t always sunshine and daisies, but with flowers around, it’s easier to cope with the stress of everyday life. Flowers help to promote calmness in the short term. A study conducted by Kansas State University in 2008 found that patients in hospitals with flowers in their rooms felt less anxious than patients without flowers.
- They’ll help you sleep better – Most of us, at some point or another, have had trouble getting to sleep at night, but if it feels like you never get a full night’s sleep, try adding more flowers into your life. Some flowers — lavender, gardenias and jasmine, just to name a few — can help to soothe you so that you can get to sleep at night.
- They’ll help to reduce conflict in your relationships – Flowers are not a replacement for therapy, but you’d be surprised at what a difference just having flowers around can make in your relationship. Why? Because flowers help to promote compassion and thoughtfulness, and both of those things are valuable in any relationship.
The fact of the matter is that there are so many benefits to being around flowers more, and these are just a few of them. But, how do you incorporate more flowers into your life to enjoy the many benefits? Keep reading to find out!
How to make flowers a bigger part of your life.
Contrary to popular belief, you don’t have to wait for someone to deliver flowers to your door in order to enjoy them. In fact, flower delivery is just of the many things that can help you enjoy more flowers in your day-to-day life. Here are a few more things you can do to incorporate more flowers into your life:
Decorate with dried flowers.
Who says flowers have to be fresh in order to be enjoyable? While dried flowers may not smell or look quite like they once did, they have a unique charm of their own that you’re sure to love. When you buy or receive a bouquet of flowers, and they start looking a little worse for the wear, the last thing you want to do is throw them away. Instead, keep them and dry them so that you can decorate your home with them.
Use flowers for an all-natural sleep aid.
As we mentioned, aromatherapy with some flowers can help to promote better sleep quality. Although there are many flowers that can aid in sleep and relaxation, none compare to lavender. If you’re having a hard time sleeping at night, dry some lavender and put the dried petals on your side table or even under your pillow!
Want to learn about more ways to incorporate flowers into your life? If so, stay tuned for our next blog. In the meantime, if you’re ready to start enjoying the many benefits of having more flowers around, take advantage of flower delivery in Spring from Breen’s Florist today!test