Every year, the popularity of Random Acts of Kindness Day, observed on February 17th, grows a little stronger. Celebrated by organizations, groups, and individuals, this is a day that encourages everyone to simply sow a little kindness into someone else’s life. We at Breen’s Florist strive for this every day, and we want to help you be as successful as possible in spreading joy and kindness.
“We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” – Winston ChurchillDo you belong to a group looking to share kindness throughout the community? There are many ways in Houston to lend a helping hand. Not only will the people you help feel the impact of your good deeds, but working together will truly bond members of your group as well! As you spread kindness and generosity throughout town, you may just start a chain reaction of far-reaching effects. Who knows what amazing things your one act of kindness will inspire!
* Serve at a soup kitchen, and take the time to really sit and talk to those who come in.
* Buy a bouquet of flowers, and hand out a single bloom to people you meet, until the flowers are gone.
* Buy a gift card at the register of the grocery store, then ask the cashier to give it to the person behind you.
* Surprise someone who would least expect it with a beautiful bouquet – your child’s teacher, or the bank teller, for instance!
* Pick up litter as you take your evening walk, to clean up the neighborhood.
However you choose to participate in Random Acts of Kindness Day, be sure to include the professionals at Breen’s Florist as your go-to resource for the flowers. Happiness is what we do – and we do it beautifully!