With Mother’s Day just a few weeks away, the time has come to find the perfect flowers for your mom.
If you’re like most people, you’ve probably spent a Mother’s Day or two scrambling around, trying to find the right, last-minute gift. Luckily, though, Mother’s Day isn’t for a few weeks, and you still have plenty of time to find the perfect gift for your mom. In our latest blog series, we went over a few of the many reasons why your mom deserves the most beautiful bouquet in the world this Mother’s Day, and if you’ve decided to surprise your mom with flowers this year, you’ve come to the right place. Here is a list of the flowers that make the very best Mother’s Day gifts:
- Carnations – Carnations come in many different colors, and each color of carnation has its own unique meaning. For example, white carnations represent good luck and pure love, whereas red carnations represent admiration and affection. You can’t go wrong with any color of carnation for Mother’s Day, but our favorite is pink, which symbolizes a mother’s undying love.
- Tulips – The colorful tulip is the perfect spring flower, and it’s wonderful for Mother’s day. From royalty and abundance to underlying passion and neglected love, tulips can symbolize many different things, and for Mother’s Day, our favorite meaning of a tulip is that it represents enduring love between family members.
- Lilies – Most commonly, lilies symbolize virtue and charity, but they have many other meanings as well, including devotion, friendship and prosperity. Lilies are also the birth flower for the month of May, which makes them ideal for celebrating Mother’s Day this May.
- Gerbera Daisies – If you’re hoping to brighten your mom’s Mother’s Day, you can’t go wrong with Gerbera daisies, which symbolize cheerfulness. These flowers are known for having large flowering heads that look a lot like a sunflower’s, only they come in a variety of bright colors, including yellow, red, pink and white.
- Roses – Much like with carnations, roses come in a variety of colors, and you can use those colors to send different messages to the receiver. For example white roses signify reverence, purity and virtue, while dark pink roses symbolize gratitude and yellow roses symbolize devotion.
- Orchids – Orchids are some of the most popular and highly sought after flowers for virtually any occasion, and Mother’s Day is no exception. Orchids have a rare and unique beauty that can’t be matched, and they are perfect for Mother’s day because they represent strength, love and beauty — all things Mothers themselves symbolize.
Let us help you find the perfect bouquet for Mother’s Day.
At Breen’s Florist, we offer a wide selection of gorgeous special occasion flowers in Houston, and we’re confident that we have the perfect option for your mom. Whether you’re looking for a bouquet featuring orchids, roses, Gerbera daisies, lilies, tulips, carnations or any other flower, you can rest assured that we have a beautiful option for your mom. Don’t wait until it’s too late! Shop our wide selection of Mother’s Day flowers online today.